The island of Cavallo is part of the Lavezzi archipelago, close to the Bocche di Bonifacio, eight miles from the coast of Sardinia and two miles from Sperone, the Southern tip of Corsica. The private island is the most exclusive spot in the Mediterranean, famous for the spectacular beauty of its white sandy beaches hidden between the rocks where the Bocche di Bonifacio sea wedges itself, creating crystalline turquoise inlets. The island is also famous for its granite and rich vegetation of bay, myrtle and juniper. Well being is part of daily life on the island; tennis, golf, horse riding, diving, excursions and the exclusive SPA with Thalassotherapy pool.
How to Arrive
FROM CORSICA: FIGARI AIRPORT (SOUTH OF CORSICA)
- Taxi transfer from Figari airport to the pier of Piantarella (10 min. from Bonifacio): approx. 30minutes
- Boat transfer from the pier of Piantarella to the Island of Cavallo: approx. 10/15 minutes
From the small port of Piantarella there are two possibilities to arrive to the island of Cavallo:
1. The “ROTATION” a boat organized by ASIC (Association Syndicale Ile de Cavallo). Daily service with fee; consult time schedule for information about times and prices or contact the Hotel.
2. “FABIR III” boat of the Hotel & SPA des Pecheurs. On request service with fee subject to availability.
FROM SARDINIA: OLBIA AIRPORT (COSTA SMERALDA)
- Taxi transfer from Olbia airport to the pier of Santa Teresa di Gallura: approx. 1 hour
- Boat transfer from the pier of Santa Teresa di Gallura to the Island of Cavallo: approx. 30 min.
BOAT TRANSFERTS ARE GUARANTETED FROM 08H00 TO 20H00. NIGHT TRANSFERTS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AND SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Helicopter transfers are available on request from both Figari and Olbia airport. For information please contact the Hotel & SPA des Pecheurs.
The circulation of cars and the mooring of boats to nonresidents on the island is forbidden – it is possible to rent an electric car at the Hôtel & SPA des Pêcheurs:
If you would like to reach the island of Cavallo with your own boat, please contact the manager of the port of Cavallo +33 (0)4 952 58 011 or contact the Hotel
If you are already in Corsica or you are planning to arrive with your own car, please drive to Piantarella; once there you can park along the road ( low season) or in an external parking area (service with fee). In Bonifacio there is a garage for covered parking (service with fee). For further information please contact the Hotel.
If you are already in Sardinia or you are planning to arrive with your own car, please drive to Santa Teresa di Gallura; once there you can park along the road ( low season) or in an external parking area (service with fee). For further information please contact the Hotel.
If you have rented a car please note that the only rent a car available in Bonifacio is “Europe car”
TO BETTER ASSIST YOU WITH TRANSFERS TO AND FROM THE ISLAND OF CAVALLO, MAY WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO COMMUNICATE YOUR ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES AT LEAST 10DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL DATE.